Originally constructed as a mercantile building in 1908, the first notable tenant was Johnson Bros. Motor Co. in 1913. Founded as a bicycle shop, Johnson Bros. became one of the first Xcelsior dealerships west of the Mississippi. Notably, around 1940 the Shamrock Café opened for business in the east side of the building. The age of the mahogany bar is not certain, however it was the original bar when the Shamrock Café opened and there is a picture of the café set in the bar top. Over the years the west side of the building housed numerous businesses including a cigar shop and pool hall. The Shamrock Café was owned and operated by the Calantino family. Over the sixty plus years of operation the Café evolved into the Irish Pub and eventually the Irish Brew Pub with the addition of the brewing component. The Pub was the meeting place in downtown Pueblo for many years and locals reminisce about past business deals, raucous St. Patrick’s Days and old romances. Some couples still frequent the establishment on the anniversary of the day they met.