The front of Ophelia's building was built circa 1907 as the Hillsbrothers Hardware store. The back half of Ophelia's was built as part of the Katz Drugstore renovation in 1948. Katz drugstore had 175 employees and 13 departments and took up the entire restaurant, banquet area and basement. Among the obvious drugstore departments there was a also a full service snack bar, soda fountain and pet store. Katz operated until around 1974. The building remained empty until it was purchased by Ken and Cindy McClain in 1999.