Built for travelers, this building has always been acknowledged as a fine place to quench thirst and rest. Old Bethlehem Pike is the road that distinguishes our location and, in the eighteenth century, was a major route between Philadelphia and Bethlehem. In the mid 1800’s, the Manor House Inn was set in the mining locale of Friedensville. For over a century, zinc was mined in this vicinity, and, at one point, the building was owned by the New Jersey Zinc Company. About 300 yards behind the property marks the entrance of the Hartman Mine, their original underground mine. Directly across from our current parking lot, the company had built a small mine shaft, to be used by the miners to surface for lunch. Most likely, lunch was enjoyed in what is now our bar area, considered the original structure, which was built in the 1740’s.