Kelly's Olympian was established in 1902.The name was derived from the name of one of the original owners, "Kelly", and the Olympia Brewing Company, which was involved in the inaugural opening so that it could sell its product, Olympia Beer. It was originally called "The Olympian Saloon". The name "Kelly's" was added a few years later. Kelly's Olympian is Portland's third oldest continuously opened and operated bar/restaurant. It has gone through a number of evolutions throughout the years, and has consistently been one of the locals favorite gathering places. It is truly a colorful part of Portland's history.