A bit of history about Manuel’s Original El Tepeyac Café. Founded in 1942 by the Rojas family; originally called El Tupinamba Café, located in downtown LA; which then moved to Lincoln Heights, there known as La Villa Café. In 1952 the family made its final move to Boyle Heights, where it would be known as El Tepeyac Café, now the home of the ever famous “Manuel Special” – - the FIVE POUND BURRITO! After the untimely death of his father, Salvador Rojas, Manuel stepped in and along with his mother Rebecca, took the restaurant and built it to become the neighborhood restaurant of Los Angeles and for all who come. Manuel has been involved over the years with several organizations such as the local Optimist Club, Rotary Club and has generously contributed to most local community and school events.