Billy’s Tap Room & Grill began as The Tea Room on the property of the beautiful Ormond Beach Hotel in 1922. The hotel owners asked Billy MacDonald, the lounge manager at the Astor and Plaza Hotels in New York City, to move to Ormond Beach to manage The Tea Room. In 1926, Billy purchased the building at 58 East Granada Boulevard, which many believe operated as a drug store. There, he transformed The Tea Room into Billy’s Tap Room & Grill. The MacDonalds lived in the upstairs room, which today is affectionately named “The MacDonald Room.” In 1939 the family purchased a neighboring home for $3,900, which is currently home to the Ormond Beach Historical Trust.